1. Wynwood Art Walk – This is the biggest of all the Miami Art Walks. It is located in the famous arts district of Miami, Wynwood. The Wynwood Art Walk takes place on the 2nd Saturday of every month. The art walk starts around 7pm through 10pm. It is located just north of downtown between 23st and 30th streets and NW 2nd Ave. If this is your first time at the famous Miami Art Walks then refer to this map cause it’s not easy to get around for a first timer. This event which happens every 2nd Saturday of the month has really grown to become an event. I can remember a few years back when I could hear my foot steps clacking on the gallery floor. Now its hard to hear the conversation between ones company. Anyway, check it out. The best galleries are there with consistently good stuff. We are talking Praxis Fine Arts, Pan American Art Projects(2450 NW 2nd Avenue Miami, FL 33127) NOW Contemporary and others. Also the famous Wynwood Walls are near by. Where exactly? Follow the music! Are you gonna be hungry? Well follow your nose, because the gang of gourmet food truck are enticing.
2. Design District Art Walk – 2nd Saturday NE 38th, 39th and 40th St. between N. Miami Ave. and NE 2nd Ave._The Design District Art Walk takes place the 2nd Saturday of every month. Get around the gallery walk that takes place at 40th street just north of the Wynwood Gallery district. Sam second Saturday of every month just like the Art Walk at the Wynwood area. This art walk of town is a bit more conservative than the southern counterpart. For more details of events and shows taking place at the Miami Design District here a link.www.miamidesigndistrict.com
3.Lincoln Road/South Beach – Number 3 on the list because of so many things to do incase you don’t like the exhibit. 1st Saturday The Lincoln Road, South Beach Art Walk takes place the 1st Saturday of every month. It runs from Art Center/South Florida on Lincoln Rd to the CANDO Arts Co-Op Gallery by the Bass Museum of Art and the Romero Britto Gallery. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby and other entertainment. Same night as the Coconut Grove Art Stroll.
4.Coral Gables Gallery Night – The Coral Gables Gallery Night takes place the 1st Friday of every month. This used to be the number 1 art walk back in the day. Although its seen its hey day its still worth going for a look at works that the Wynwood Art District neglects. This Art Walk consists more of classical and representational works. I recommend it. Start your walk at one Miami’s longest running art gallery Virginia Miller FIne Art (169 Madeira Avenue Coral Gables,Florida, 33134) Stop by Tarpon Bend (65 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, FL 33134-5403) for some drinks after. That’s what we do. This walk is centered around Ponce Circle Park, but is fairly spread out.
5. Bird Road Art Walk – 3rd Saturday Just east of SR-826 (Palmetto Expressway) & south of Bird Road (SW 40th Street) to SW 48th Street and to SW 72nd Avenue. The Bird Road Art (BRAD) Walk takes place the 3rd Saturday of every month. It is located just east of SR-826 (Palmetto Expressway) & south of Bird Road (SW 40th Street) to SW 48th Street and to SW 72nd Avenue in an old warehouse complex that has been converted to artist studios. They bring in food trucks each month to provide the eats. Most studios provide complimentary wine and snacks.
6. Viernes Culturales in Little Havana: The smallest of all the art events but it makes up for the crash course of Cuban culture that you will receive. The art here all have one thing in common, nostalgia. Art work in this district reflects the deep nostalgia that the Cuban exile has for their homeland, while at the same time paying tribute for their new found paradise. So if you are a tourist and open to learning about the latin culture, food and art you should definitely stop by. It takes place every last Friday (Viernes means Friday my people) of the Month. SW 8th Street (Calle Ocho) between SW 12th Ave and SW 18th Ave.
7. Falls Arts District Walk : Did you know there is an Art Walk that takes place in the southern district of our Miami called FAD. Well now you know! It is called FAD (Falls Arts District) and it takes place every 3rd Friday of every other month. Fun and family friendly event showcasing local artists that set up shop at the warehouse district near The Falls Shopping Mall. The event is also full of foodies from all the popular Food Trucks that also take part. Next art walk is being held in the coming weeks on
SW 129th Street to SW 134th Street, (off 87th Ave.)