Nightlapse Photography with the Lincoln MKX and the GoPro Hero 5 ( tips and tricks)
Looking to step up your GoPro skills? Take it to the next level with some features that others are to timid or plain lazy to explore. Not you, “others”. Here are some tips and tricks for getting these stunning slow shutter light trail effects while having your camera mounted on your car. Fortunately, in our case, we had the new 2017 Lincoln MKX to experiment with and we got some amazing footage with he new GoPro Hero 5. The Lincoln MKX sports an extended moonroof which makes for great panoramic views and this epic picture of light trails painted through its clear see through roof. More about the Lincoln MKX after my 6 top tricks to achieving great nightlapse photowith the Hero 5 and car of choice.
About the Car
We collaborated with Lincoln Motor Company for content development and came up with some great footage. The beauty of the Lincoln MKX was a key component to getting these amazing pictures.
We had the Lincoln MKX Black Label Edition for a week and took it on a road trip from Miami to Atlanta, North Carolina, and back. As beautiful as the scenery is in Northern Georgia and the Smoky Mountains, we can sincerely say the highlight of the trip was cruising in the unmatched luxury of the Lincoln MKX. The assistive cruise control was the most impressive feature.It made the drive the 30 hours of driving and approximate 200o miles a pleasure.
It is worthy to note that the Lincoln Motor Company Ended the Year on High Note with 10-Percent Sales Gain in U.S.; China Up Nearly Three-Fold. The U.S. increase comes against a backdrop of a luxury market that gained less than 1 percent.
Growth in 2016 for the brand was particularly robust in key luxury markets like Florida, where sales were up 10 percent in 2016; New Jersey, which was up 9 percent; and New York, where sales increased by 13 percent.
Lincoln closed out the year strong in December, with sales up 18 percent compared to December 2015, driven by the all-new Continental. The Continental was responsible for 64 percent of Lincoln’s growth in December.
Sales of Lincoln Continental in December totaled 1,845, up from November’s 1,419, outselling the Audi A6 and the Lexus GS, according to sales data reported by the respective automakers.
Record sales in China
Lincoln, which first introduced its full vehicle lineup in China in 2015, has now become the fastest growing luxury brand in the country.
Lincoln sold 32,558 vehicles in 2016, nearly a three-fold increase over 2015. Its strong performance was supported by Chinese customers’ positive reception to Lincoln SUVs and the growing number of dealerships, which reached 65 in 2016.
# # #
About The Lincoln Motor Company
The Lincoln Motor Company is the luxury automotive brand of Ford Motor Company, committed to creating compelling vehicles with an exceptional ownership experience to match. For more information about The Lincoln Motor Company, please visit media.lincoln.com or www.lincoln.com. Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/lincoln.
The Lincoln MKX Black Label is one we got to experience. “Modern Heritage is the perfect theme for those who appreciate a clean, modern aesthetic. A high-contrast black-and-white interior is highlighted by Crimson stitching, creating a timeless ensemble of elegance without opulence.”
Tips and Tricks for Nightlapsing with GoPro Hero 5
- Download the Capture app: its a little buggy at times but when it is essential to setting up the specifications to get “The Shot.”
- Get a tripod for land or suction cup for automobile photography
- Use Protune: Protune on the GoPro Hero 5 on right side of the screen. Simply swipe your finger on the screen to open the Protone menu
- Lower the ISO. I put this bold because its the most important tip. This might sound counter intuitive but high ISO is only necessary for pitch dark situation. Light trails of traffic can be easily exposed with and ISO 0f 100 minimum to 100 maximum.
- Exposure on Auto or 2 seconds try even 5 secs but no more. If you zipping through traffic the light trails will create themselves. There is noway that the GOPRO on Nightlapse can keep up the with the speed. Beautiful and colorful light trails will develop on auto and at most 2 seconds.
- Check out video tutorial on Youtube. Nightlapsing with GoPro Hero 5